Following up on our first post of iconic golf moments, below we share photographs of key moments in the game of golf. Have we missed any?
Over its history, the game of golf has had its share of iconic moments – inspirational events that are remembered by all golfers. Below, in pictures, our Scratchpad team lists a few of these iconic moments. Which ones are we missing?
You drive for show, but putt for dough.
Do you know that you’ll never sink a putt if your ball is moving faster than 3.65 mph? How about if it is better to putt from above or below the hole?
Watch this video from ESPN Sports Science desk to learn a bit more on the physics of putting.
It’s a golfers dream to play at the best places in the world. Though “best” does not always line up with “most expensive”, here is a list of courses that can leave a hole in your wallet, but will surely find a spot in your bucket list.
1. Shadow Creek Golf Course – Nevada, U.S.A. ($500 per person, per round)
2. Pebble Beach Golf Links – California, U.S.A. ($475 per person, per round)
3. Old Head Golf Links – County Cork, Ireland ($400 per person, per round)
4. The Pinehurst Course Number 2 – North Carolina, USA ($375 per person, per round)
5. TPC Sawgrass – Florida, USA ($350 per person, per round)
6. The Ocean Course – South Carolina, U.S.A. ($320 per person, per round)
7. The Spyglass Hill Golf Course – California, U.S.A. ($315 per person, per round)
8. Kingsbarns Golf Links – St. Andrews, Scotland ($300 per person, per round)
9. Whistling Straits – Wisconsin, U.S.A. ($300 per person, per round)
10. The Barton Creek Foothill and Canyon Golf Club – Texas, U.S.A. ($298 per person, per round)
~ If you are fortunate to play any of these courses, you deserve the bragging rights and make your fellow golfers jealous of you. To help you, at MyScorecard we give badges if you’ve played some of these courses.
~ Do you also know you can track the amount you spend on greens every year? – Just go to “change / add” under “Optional Statistics”, click on any available drop downs (you can track a maximum of 10 statistics) and select “Green Fees”.
Ever imagined how a pro golfer would stack up against a robot? Watch this below video (or click here) to see Rory vs. the Robat – a target challenge between Rory McIlroy and a Golf Laboratory Computer Controlled Hitting Machine.